The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has recently commenced the recruitment process to welcome the industry to apply for positions on its statutory advisory committees that will become vacant at the end of 2022.
The TGA is seeking applications from interested experienced professionals in relevant medical or scientific fields or consumer health issues to support the TGA’s function as a best practice regulator.
Successful applicants appointed to the committees will contribute significantly to the TGA’s regulatory functions by providing independent expert advice relating to the regulation of medicines, devices, vaccines and other products and substances.
The positions available on the statutory advisory committee are:
- Advisory Committee on Biologicals;
- Advisory Committee on Medicines;
- Advisory Committee on Vaccines;
- Advisory Committee on Complementary Medicines;
- Advisory Committee on Medical Devices;
- Advisory Committee on Chemicals Scheduling; and,
- Advisory Committee on Medicines Scheduling.
Further information about the roles of the statutory advisory committees and the requirements for applying are available here. Applications will close 11.30pm AEST Sunday 4 September 2022.