The International Biotechnology Symposium 2016 (IBS 2016) scientific program committee is inviting abstract submissions, to present a poster during the conference in Melbourne in October 2016.
IBS has been held in locations around the world since 1960 and is the most representative biotechnology event at the global level. More than 1,000 participants congregate at each symposium from academia and industry, to explore the advances and frontiers of science and applied biotechnologies.
IBS intends to present and promote the relevant contribution that chemistry provides to the development of biotechnological research and industry and program will present the most advanced issues in biotechnology, green chemistry and its related fields, which will be discussed by a selected group of international speakers and lecturers.
The abstract submission portal is now open and accepting abstracts until Friday 6 May 2016. Successful abstracts will be displayed in the conference venue during IBS 2016.
Anyone submitting an abstract must be intending to register for the IBS 2016 conference. All authors whose abstracts have been accepted are responsible for all costs including registration, travel, accommodation, any costs associated with preparation and presentation of the abstract and poster, or any other costs associated with attendance at the event. Once you have been notified if your abstract is successful you will have three weeks to complete registration.
The abstract submission timeline is:
- Friday 6 May 2016: Abstracts to be submitted through online submission before Friday 6 May 2016 at 5.00pm (EST)
- Monday 9 May 2016: Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee.
- Week commencing 6 June 2016: Authors will be notified if their abstract has been accepted to be displayed at the IBS 2016.
- Friday 1 July 2016: All accepted authors must have registered to attend IBS 2016. If registration is not received before this date it is assumed the author has withdrawn their abstract.
- Monday 24 – Wednesday 26 October 2016: Successful abstracts submissions to display their poster during the conference.
The poster display will feature six themes. During the abstract submission process you will be asked to choose one of the following themes, under which the abstract will be considered:
- Agri-business - animal, food and aquaculture;
- Industrial and environmental biotechnology;
- Pharmaceutical, medical and molecular;
- Bioenergy and bio-refinery;
- Bio-economy, bio-policy and investment;
- Biosensors and nanotechnology.
Online submission and guidelines can be accessed from the IBS 2016 website.
IBS in 2016 will held as one of three major events in one place in one week that together make up the International BioFest 2016, Australia’s largest-ever gathering of the life sciences. In addition to 17th IBS 2016, the International BioFest 2016 will comprise:
- AusBiotech 2016, Australia’s flagship life sciences conference; and
- Australia Biotech Invest 2016, Australia’s life sciences investment and partnering showcase.
If you have any questions regarding your abstract submission please contact the AusBiotech Events team via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 9828 1400.