The year has seen the biotech sector unite to progress and deliver, as it is recognised as an invaluable industry that continues to exhibit its strength in innovation and leadership. As the country and world has navigated ‘Covid-normal’ life, life sciences has gained great recognition for its health, economic and social value, as it focuses on the potential health products and services of tomorrow.
As the national voice of the biotech industry, AusBiotech’s achievements this year reflect our loyal and committed Australian life sciences community. It too has continued to unite the ecosystem and to consciously lay the groundwork for our industry’s future success.
AusBiotech invites EOIs for member roundtables
Over the past 18 months AusBiotech has been leading the development of the Biotechnology Blueprint, a decadal strategy for the Australian Biotechnology Industry, together 200 stakeholders. Currently, open for consultation until February, AusBiotech will host roundtables in the New Year and warmly invites expressions of interest from C-suite across the membership as it seeks to finalise this critical plan. The invitation roundtables will ‘deep dive’ into topics raised in the Blueprint’s development, for further detailed development.
- Commercialisation: 9 February 10.00 – 12.00 (two-part: early and late. Includes proof of concept fund)
- Capital and growth: 16 February 9.30 – 11.00am
- Sovereign Capability: 22 February 10.00 – 11.00am
For biotech to fulfil its potential, a shared sense of purpose through an industry strategic plan, developed by the industry, is critical. It has been an opportunity to create a shared vision for Australian biotechnology, to raise our ambitions as a sector and share the returns, and, through its implementation in the years ahead, we can herald in an era of Australian research, translation, commercialisation and innovation.
The entire biotech sector is warmly invited to comment on the draft strategic plan by 7 February 2022. Read the plan and download the consultation paper here.
Save the dates for 2022 events
AusBiotech’s 2022 events programme is being developed and includes in-person and virtual event opportunities. Save the dates below, and keep an eye on the AusBiotech website as the year progresses.
- Australian showcase: Clinical trials and medical innovation advantages; during JP Morgan week: 11 January 2022 (PST)/12 January 2022 (AEDT). Register now.
- Biotechnology Blueprint roundtables: February 2022. Express your interest now.
- BioCheers: kicking off from February and March 2022.
- NSW Women in Life Sciences Luncheon: 11 March 2022. Register now.
- BiotechTalks: Regulatory and reimbursement 101: the pathway to commercialisation: 31 March 2022; save the date.
- BiotechPitch: late March 2022. Details coming soon.
- AusMedtech 2022: 24-26 May, Melbourne. Register now.
- BIO 2022: 13 – 16 June, San Diego, USA. Announcement coming soon…
- The biggest week in biotech: Australia Biotech Invest & Partnering 2022 & AusBiotech 2022: 26 – 28 October, Perth, Western Australia. Save the date.
Summer break office closure
The AusBiotech office will be closed over the holiday period from Thursday, 23 December 2021 until Monday 17 January 2022. BiotechDispatch will resume on Tuesday 18 January 2022.
More than 35 years of AusBiotech and Australian biotechnology: 31 December 2021 marks the end of AusBiotech’s 35 year anniversary. From humble beginnings with less than 100 members in 1986, AusBiotech has grown to become a strong well-connected, 3,000+ member community representing the entire value chain of biotechnology development.
AusBiotech thanks its members from across the years for their ongoing support, wishes them a happy and safe festive period, and looks forward to working together during 2022.