AusBiotech is inviting SMEs, startups and innovators with commercial-ready technologies to showcase the potential of their companies at the AusAg & Foodtech Summit 2017.
A limited number of investor-ready organisations will receive the unique opportunity to connect with investors and take their business to the next level. Each successful organisation will have eight minutes to pitch, with pitching sessions available on both days of the Summit.
AusBiotech strongly encourages investor-ready startups and SMEs, or innovators with commercial-ready technologies, to apply to pitch at the Summit. Technologies of interest include:
- Ag biotechnology - plants, animals and microbes;
- Agritech - precision farming, robotics, drones, GPS systems, sensors, Internet of Things (IoT), big data analytics and apps;
- Foodtech - novel, functional and medicinal foods, nutraceuticals, and food processing aids; and,
- Others technologies - novel farming systems, food processing technologies and supply chain logistics.
Once notified of the outcome, successful organisations must register for the AusAg & Foodtech Summit 2017.
These pitching opportunities represent a fundamental aim of the Summit, which is to translate Australian science into business by putting the spotlight on investment in agritech and foodtech innovation. The Summit program complements this aim, featuring sessions that focus on:
- Investors, discussing what investors are looking for, factors considered in investment decision-making and the type of deals investors are seeking to fund;
- Customers, sharing success stories from companies who have successfully developed partnerships with the agritech and foodtech sector;
- Creators, exploring how researchers and technology developers navigate the early stages of innovation to achieve engagement with commercial entities;
- Framework; providing insight into the regulatory landscape for agritech and foodtech innovations; and
- Enablers, describing programs and initiatives that support the development of new technologies.
About the AusAg & Foodtech Summit 2017
The AusAg & Foodtech Summit 2017 will be held from 29-30 August at the Adelaide Convention Centre, South Australia. The Summit will draw together key stakeholders of the agritech and foodtech ecosystem to advance commercialisation opportunities and foster relationships between stakeholders from each stage of the sector’s value chain, which include investors, startups and SMEs, researchers and academics, multinational and established companies. View the program or register here.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 03 9828 1400 to apply or find out more. The closing date for submission of expressions of interest is Friday 14 July 2017. AusBiotech will contact successful organisations by Monday 31 July 2017.