Clinical trials, immediate initiatives and long-term strategies to support life sciences at a State and national level were highlighted at AusBiotech’s SA Industry Update.
AusBiotech’s virtual Industry Update roadshow is engaging members on Federal and state-specific issues facing our sector, discussing recently announced opportunities and programmes from state governments, and enabling Members to connect with AusBiotech and their local life sciences community.
Facilitated by AusBiotech Chair, Michelle Burke, Members were invited to join AusBiotech CEO, Lorraine Chiroiu, and Dirk Beelen, Director, Health and Medical Industries - Department for Trade and Investment, for the South Australian Industry Update.
Initiatives discussed included:
- What South Australia’s recently released Hi-Tech Sector Plan 2030 means for life sciences, and how the State is planning to grow the sector from A$2.3b to $5b by 2030.
- The new health and medical initiative that will better connect companies and promote local capabilities and contact details. The database is based on the national Industry Capability Network.
- Supporting clinical trials: global promotion that Australia’s clinical trials are open for business; creating a single point of entry for private and public care; initiatives to address workforce training; and considering how clinical trials will change and what they’ll look like in the future.
- How the RDTI Federal Budget announcement will support our leading sector by giving companies and investors the certainty they need to commercialise and deliver new, innovative treatments to Australian patients.
- The three key goals AusBiotech urges Government to focus on to maximise the sector’s export and investment attraction potential, and its capacity to improve lives.
Members can view the SA Industry Update in our BiotechTalks Library until 2 December.
These intimate events are delivered as part of AusBiotech’s virtual Industry Update roadshow, and are limited to AusBiotech members only, which includes SMEs, multinational organisations, support services, universities, and research institutes.
The next AusBiotech Industry Update on 2 December will focus on Victoria and include an update on its recently announced State Budget. Michelle Burke and Lorraine Chiroiu will be joined by Chris Barrett, CEO, Invest Victoria, and Paul Stagg, Director, Trade, Global Victoria, Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR).
Date: Wednesday 2 December
Time: 9:30am - 10:30am (AEDT)
Cost: Free for AusBiotech members
Read more about the speakers and register here.
Already have a burning question or an issue you want an update on from Lorraine or your State Government representative? Pre-submitted questions will take precedence so ask AusBiotech now; as many as possible will be covered in the presentation and Q+A.