The 2016 Johnson & Johnson Innovation 2016 Industry Excellence Awards, which recognise and honour high achievers in the Australian life sciences industry, are now open for nominations.
These prestigious Awards recognises the leading lights of Australia’s world-class biotechnology, medical technology and healthcare sectors by celebrating those who have and continue to make a considerable contribution to the biotechnology industry and the growth of the bio-economy.
Past recipients include researchers who have successfully translated their discoveries into clinical practice and companies who have pioneered the developments of new treatments and reliable diagnostics.
Nominations are open until 30 September 2016 in three categories:
- Industry Leadership Award;
- Australian Company of the Year Award;
- Australian Emerging Company of the Year Award.
Winners of the 2015 Industry Excellence Awards include:
- Industry leadership award - Professor Maree Smith Executive Director, Centre for Integrated Preclinical Drug Development (CIPDD)/TetraQ, University of Queensland;
- Emerging company of the year - Ellume, accepted by managing director Dr Sean Parsons; and,
- Company of the year - Spinifex Pharmaceuticals, accepted by CEO Tom McCarthy.
This year AusBiotech is one of three major events being held as part of the International BioFest 2016, which will be held at the Melbourne Convention Centre from 24-27 October 2016.The Awards will be announced at AusBiotech 2016 on Wednesday 24 October.
International BioFest promises to be the largest-ever gathering in the Australian life science, with three major conferences coming together in one week in one place as one integrated network. Events include the 17th International Biotechnology Symposium (IBS 2016), AusBiotech national conference and Australia Biotech Invest, Australia’s life sciences investment showcase.
Nominate an industry leader before Friday 30 September 2016.