The 2016 Australian Technologies Competition (ATC16), which has opened a ‘medtech and pharma category for the first time this year, is open for entries until Monday 11 July, to Australian technology SMEs with global potential.
Since inception six years ago, the Competition has attracted over 700 entries with 125 companies having been through the Business Accelerator Program and many success stories as companies have gone onto to international success.
In 2016, the Top 30 companies across all categories will gain access to expert mentors and connections to investors, customers, specialist advisors, grant programs and international markets.
The Competition is collaborating with the Government’s Industry Growth Centres to help focus the benefits towards Australia’s priority sectors and deliver growth to more companies. This has expanded the reach of the eligible technologies to include medtech, biotech and pharmaceutical SMEs. In addition, the Competition retains its links to its environmental origins through the Smart Cities, New Energy, Global Development and Social Entrepreneur Awards.
Further information is available at the Competition website, including the entry form, which has three main questions of 200 words:
- What is your technology?
- What is your market?
- What is your business model?
Key dates to note are:
- 11 July - Entries close
- 9 August - Semi Finalists announced and mentors allocated
- 29/30 August - Mentoring Workshop (still subject to securing additional sponsors)
- 5 October - Showcase and Awards Event at All Energy in Melbourne for Smart Cities, New Energy & Global Development Awards
- 1 or 2 November - Showcase & Awards Event in Sydney as part of Startup Sydney for remaining awards and Overall Australian Winner
Applicants have the chance to access expert mentors, investors, customers, specialist advisors, grant programs and international markets – and all at no cost.