AusBiotech is currently seeking expressions of interest (EOI) in joining the Intellectual Property (IP) Expert Panel, to increase its size and also to broaden its purview to encompass medicines.
The IP Expert Panel has been in place for some years, providing valuable expertise and advice on intellectual property issues.
To date the Panel has been positioned under the AusMedtech banner as a sub-committee of the National AusMedtech Advisory Group in relation to medical devices and diagnostics. As medicines and medical devices are often intertwined, the group has also been active and provided valuable contribution in IP issues related to medicines.
The Panel meets on an ‘as needed’ basis; most recently the group has developed responses to consultations by IP Australia and the review of IP arrangements by the Productivity Commission.
The current Intellectual Property (IP) Expert Panel is:
- Chaired by Dr Brett Lunn, Patent Attorney and Managing Partner, FB Rice;
- Warren Bingham, Executive Chairman, MedTech International Pty Ltd;
- Stuart Hazell, Managing Director, Fusidium Pty Ltd;
- Rob McInnes, Partner IP and Technology Team, DibbsBarker; and,
- Nadia Odorico, Principal Patent Attorney, Griffith Hack.
If you are interested in joining the panel, please express your interest to AusBiotech Deputy CEO, Lorraine Chiroiu (email@example.com / 03 9828 1400) by 22 December 2017.