AusBiotech yesterday provided four nominees for consideration for appointment as an industry member of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC).
AusBiotech was included amongst the three possible nominating bodies to provide at least three nominees.
Appropriate nominees were sought via a call for expressions of interest to the AusBiotech membership. AusBiotech selected four candidates who it believes would be appropriate appointments to the PBAC.
The criteria used by AusBiotech for assessment of candidates included:
- The demonstrated ability to interpret comparative outcomes of a medicine;
- The ability to appraise scientific evidence and to determine weak from strong evidence;
- Extensive experience in industry (preferably across biotechnology, innovator products, generics/ biosimilars);
- Understanding of heath technology assessment policy;
- Ability to dedicate appropriate time to the role; and
- A reputation of high standing in the industry.