Applications are open for the Johnson & Johnson Next-Gen Supply Chain QuickFire Challenge.
This latest Quick Fire Challenge will award US$75,000 for the Best Biological Technology or Solution.
Johnson & Johnson Innovation and Janssen Supply Chain say they are looking to award a prize or a series of prizes to the person or team(s) who submit the best solution to key manufacturing and supply chain challenges that address the issues of higher costs and reliability in supply chains.
They are looking for innovative methods to:
- stabilise protein formulations in liquid stage w/o refrigeration;
- optimise process environment methodologies to significantly increase cell production titer (g/L) in the range of 50 to 100% improvement from common mAbs baseline; and
- protect proteins from gastric digestion so as to enable oral absorption.
Solutions will be evaluated based on their ability to meet the following criteria:
- high quality of foundation of technology feasibility;
- ease of ability to implement in a GMP environment;
- low cost and high reliability;
- commercial scalability/flexibility; and,
- short lead time to implementation.
More information about the awards and potential areas to explored is available at the Quick Fire Challenge website .
Deadline to apply is 2 November, 2016. Winners will be announced by the end of 2016.